World Beach Month
The beach is one of the most beautiful natural places in the world. And the beauty of this natural treasure is that it exists almost everywhere around the world. But some of our beaches are becoming polluted and need our help.
World Beach Month is an annual global awareness celebration to remind everyone around the world the importance, beauty and enjoyment the beach brings. It is the time to host beach events, clean up your local beach, raise awareness for the laws needed to protect our beaches and the beach wildlife. Get out and play in the sand, go shelling, build a sandcastle, play in the surf and enjoy the beautiful treasure that is our beaches. The month starts off on September 1st with World Beach Day, a day to go to the beach with your family, your pet, or just enjoy the day on your own with the peace and tranquility the beach brings.
Beach Days to Celebrate during World Beach Month
Articles around the web that address the problems facing our beaches
- All the gorgeous beaches that belong to Florida’s taxpayers face a great threat: climate change
- South Pacific Desert Island Being Destroyed by Plastic Debris
- America’s Dirtiest Beaches: Here Is The Poop
- Top 5 Threats to the World Beaches
- An expedition to the uninhabited island harbouring 38 million pieces of plastic
World Beach Month was started by FloridaSmart.com founder and beach expert, Patti Jewel, to bring awareness and appreciation for the beaches around the world. September is the month to learn, protect, celebrate, and enjoy the worlds beaches.